This workshop is for those who have never woven before or those who want to refresh their technique. Students will weave a small project of their own choosing. For those who have never woven plain weave and 4 shaft twills will be explored. Those who are refreshing their skills may wish to explore various 8 shaft twills.
Students will go home with both a completed project and the basics to continue weaving simple projects on their own.
- weaving terminology
- how to make calculations for a project,
- how to wind a warp and set up a loom,
- basic weaving techniques
- how to weave a variety of twills: either 4 shaft or 8 shaft according to level of experience.
- different finishing techniques.
- basic drafting theory will be covered.
$300 and materials used at cost. Students may wish to use their own materials for a specific project. This will need to be discussed prior to class.
Level of Experience
9.00 am – 12.00 and 1.00 – 4.00 pm each day
8.00 am – 8.00 pm