This is an opportunity for all weavers from beginner to the more advanced to either weave a project or take the opportunity to experiment with a structure you’ve always wanted to explore.
This is an opportunity to weave on:
- 4 x 8 shaft jack style looms including the ‘Faulkner’ loom developed by Doug Rosemond.
- 2 x 8 shaft countermarche looms.
- 2 x 16 shaft computer assist loom
- 1 x drawloom (8 ground and 40 pattern shafts)
- 2 looms may be set up with S. E. Asian pattern storage
- Table looms available on request.
All weaving equipment is provided: shuttles, warping board and mills, bobbin winders, threaders etc.
Additional facilities include:
- Computers with Fiberworks PCW© software. (Instruction and assistance provided)
- Dye facilities
- Yarns for your project.
- Listings of accommodation provided on request.
Teaching provided: 9.00- 12.00 am and 1.00 – 4.00 pm each day
Studio hours: 8.00am – 8.00 pm
Cost: $300 for the 5 days of tuition.
Number of students: The number of students directly relates to project and loom availability. Students will discuss their project then a loom from the above list will be reserved according to their needs.
Please email or phone Kay to reserve your loom and discuss your project.